Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Island Living

There's something about the idea of living on an island that's always been very appealing to me. The plethora of beaches is a big draw, but I also like the idea of a community with defined borders, without the haziness with respect to delineation found so often in suburbia.

It could be in my blood, my mom's family comes from a small coastal island in Norway south of Bergen.


And of course Jack and I were married on the beautiful island of Nantucket


When we found out that we would be moving to New York, we initially thought that we would live in the borough of Queens, birthplace of my father.


But then we realized that we could get much more house for our money in another community, which happens to have the advantage of being a barrier island with some killer beaches.


Long Beach, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment