Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Another Milestone

Petal has her first stomach bug. I could get really descriptive here but I will spare you. But as I threw soiled bedding directly into the washing machine last night, I remembered reading about urban mothers schlepping bags of similarly befouled laundry to the laundromat and was so, so grateful to be here in our townhouse with the roomy basement and laundry facilities. And also incredibly grateful for Jack as we tag-teamed comforting the baby and cleaning up the mess. I just hope this bug will move swiftly and not put a damper on my baby girl's Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Eeeek that is no fun at all!! Hope she feels better realllly soon and is able to enjoy Christmas! My daughter's 1st stomach bug was when she was about 7 months old and it was SO sad. I usually find that that we as parents are way more upset than they are though, so take comfort in that! And totally agree - no matter how sucky it is, could always be worse and kudos to you for being thankful in the midst of cleaning up yuckies!!

    ReplyDelete