Monday, May 23, 2011

Introductions

I am: 30 years old, a new mother, happily married, a work-at-home contractor for a consulting company, a resident of the Baltimore-Washington Corridor and a native of New England.

You are: Sufficiently interested in my life to check out my blog. 

So let's begin, shall we?

My parents both spent the majority of their formative years in the NYC area, my mom in Brooklyn and Westchester and my dad in Queens. They met at Syracuse University and moved to New England in the late 70s.  I was born on the last day of 1980. I left New England only for brief stints until I got married a month before my 26th birthday. I then moved to Germany, Arizona and Maryland within a year's time. My beloved had a nomadic childhood spent partially in New Jersey, partially in Kansas and partially in Massachusetts. His familiarity with the inside of a moving truck made the Army a natural fit, but, tired of deployments, he hung up his beret after seven years and is back to civilian life.

So here we are, displaced New Englanders growing softer each winter as we rarely brave a morning colder than 20 degrees. Our daughter was born in Baltimore and only wore the adorable puffy pink snowsuit I bought her for a photo op. And summer has begun to become synonymous with battling the humidity with 24/7 air conditioning. But this July, my offspring and I are headed Northward for six weeks, ready to soak in the mild breezes and gently warming sun of a perfect New England summer. I can't wait.






No comments:

Post a Comment