Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mormor

Mormor is Norwegian for "Mom's mom" and that is what Petal will call my mom when she's old enough to talk (she babbles like crazy, so it could be soon!) Mormor is so wonderful with Petal, my clingy little girl who would launch herself away from anyone else holding her to get to me now cries when Mormor leaves and she's stuck with boring old Mumma.

Petal is not the only one who thinks that Mormor is wonderful. As much as I hate living 400 miles away from my parents, I also feel incredibly lucky to have this uninterrupted time with them. My mom and I butted heads so much throughout my childhood, adolescence and even early adulthood. But she has always been one of my biggest supporters, and I like to think that now I am one of hers. I really hope that Petal will feel the same way about me one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment