Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beaming

My little girl said "Mom-mom" tonight - to refer to me. She babbles "Mamamamama" (and "Dadadadada")  consistently, but tonight she really said it, as in saying her First Word. She crawled up to me as I sat on the couch and said it while she pulled on my legs. I picked her up and she said it some more. She repeated it back to me. When my mom said it, she turned to look at me and grabbed my leg. She crawled after me to the kitchen as I went to make her evening bottle, and said it while holding on to the baby gate.

I love you, Petal. I love watching you take in your world, and learn to give back to your world too.

1 comment:

  1. Recognition rocks. I loved when the kids first uttered those sweet sweet words. Enjoy it, its really cliche but it goes by so quickly, pretty soon you will be hearing the lovely "no's" lol.

    ReplyDelete